Friday, June 17, 2011

How to Find Good Country Music

I really love country music and I've heard more of it than any other genre. Country is the only radio station is the only one that I can listen to without having to change it every three songs. If you're new to country music and want to get started with some good stuff, here are thirty songs to start off with, in no particular order:

The Man I Want to BeTitle: Voices
Artist: Chris Young
Album: The Man I Want to Be

"Turns out I'm pretty dang lucky
For all that good advice
Those hard to find words of wisdom
Holed up here in my mind"
Music Video>>


Georgia ClayTitle: Georgia Clay
Artist: Josh Kelley
Album: Georgia Clay

"Ain’t it funny how some things take you back
And the here and now just fades to black
When I pull that blue tarp off of that time machine
Man, it hits me"
Music Video>>


RelentlessTitle: Relentless
Artist: Jason Aldean
Album: Relentless

"I'm staring at a hurricane
A hundred miles of driving rain
I just smile and lean into the wind
Cause' I can't outrun it"
Music Video>>



Three Chord Country and American Rock & RollTitle: Every Time I Hear Your Name
Artist: Keith Anderson
Album: Three Chord Country and American Rock & Roll

"But when I hear your name,
I feel rain fallin' right out of the blue sky.
And it's the fifth of May, and I'm right there starin' in your eyes.
And nothin's changed, and we're still same."
Music Video>>


American RideTitle: American Ride
Artist: Toby Keith
Album: American Ride

"That's us, that's right
Gotta love this American ride
Both ends of the ozone burnin'
Funny how the world keeps turning"
Music Video>>


GlorianaTitle: How Far Do You Wanna Go
Artist: Gloriana
Album: Gloriana

"Tell me you'll come with me
Tell me you'll run with me
Tell me you love me
How far do you wanna go?"
Music Video>>


Greatest HitsTitle: One Way Ticket (Because I Can)
Artist: LeAnn Rimes
Album: Greatest Hits

"And buy a one-way ticket on a west-bound train
See how far I can go
I'm gonna go out dancing in the pouring rain
And talk to someone I don't know"
Music Video>>


ShineTitle: Wrong Baby Wrong
Artist: Martina McBride
Album: Shine

"Come on now
Everyone falls down
Everyone crawls now and then
Then they get up again"
Music Video>>


CarolinaTitle: Hell On the Heart
Artist: Eric Church
Album: Carolina

"When she's yours she brings the sunshine
When she's gone the world goes dark
Yeah she's heaven on the eyes
But boy she's hell on the heart"
Music Video>>


Feel That FireTitle: Feel That Fire
Artist: Dierks Bentley
Album: Feel That Fire

"She wants her nails painted black
She wants the toy in the crackerjack
She wants to ride the bull at the rodeo"

Music Video>>


Speak NowTitle: Mean
Artist: Taylor Swift
Album: Speak Now

"Someday I'll be living in a big ole city
And all you're ever going to be is mean
Someday I'll be big enough so you can't hit me
And all you're ever gonna be is mean"
Music Video>>


All The Women I Am (CD/DVD Combo Deluxe Edition)Title: Turn On the Radio
Artist: Reba McEntire
Album: All the Women I Am

"Try to call, Twitter me,
Text until your fingers bleed.
But the DJ's the only way
You're ever gonna hear from me."
Music Video>>


In PiecesTitle: Callin' Baton Rouge
Artist: Garth Brooks
Album: In Pieces

"Operator won't you put me on through
I gotta send my love down to Baton Rouge
Hurry up won't you put her on the line
I gotta talk to the girl just one more time"



Crazy Ex-GirlfriendTitle: Gunpowder & Lead
Artist: Miranda Lambert
Album: Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

"I'm goin' home, gonna load my shotgun
Wait by the door and light a cigarette
He wants a fight, well now he's got one
He ain't seen me crazy yet"



Justin MooreTitle: Back That Thing Up
Artist: Justin Moore
Album: Justin Moore

"You ain't lookin' too at home in them cowboy boots
But those pigtails and cutoffs work on you
You're gonna learn to love this kinda life
You're gonna fit right in, now shut up and drive"
Music Video>>


Forget the MilesTitle: Don't Rock It
Artist: Due West

"We don't always agree, we don't always get along
And there's always gonna be another storm
But when it comes, you can't stop it
We're in the same boat, so don't rock it
We stick together in every kind of weather
Don't knock it, don't rock it"
Music Video>>

Greatest HitsTitle: She's In Love With the Boy
Artist: Trisha Yearwood
Album: Trisha Yearwood

"Her daddy says, 'he ain't worth a lick
When it comes to brains, he got the short end of the stick'
But Katie's young and man she just don't care
She'd follow Tommy anywhere"
Music Video>>


Lady AntebellumTitle: I Run to You
Artist: Lady Antebellum
Album: Lady Antebellum

"I run too fast
Or too slow it seems
When lies become the truth
That’s when I run to you"
Music Video>>


Smoke Rings in the DarkTitle: Smoke Rings in the Dark
Artist: Gary Allan
Album: Smoke Rings in the Dark

"And the night is like a dagger
Long and cold and sharp
As I sit here on the front steps
Blowing smoke rings in the dark"
Music Video>>


Hemingway's WhiskeyTitle: Somewhere With You
Artist: Kenny Chesney
Album: Hemingway's Whiskey

"I can go out every night of the week
Can go home with anybody I meet
But it's just a temporary high 'cause when I close my eyes
I'm somewhere with you, somewhere with you"
Music Video>>


Red Dirt RoadTitle: Red Dirt Road
Artist: Brooks & Dunn
Album: Red Dirt Road

"I was raised off Rural Route Three,
Out past where the black top ends.
We'd walk to Church on Sunday mornings,
Race barefoot back to Johnson's fence."
Music Video>>


RestlessTitle: Backseat of a Greyhound Bus
Artist: Sara Evans
Album: Restless

"She never thought this would be the place,
Where she would find her savin' grace,
But she fell in love; she fell in love,
On the backseat of a Greyhound bus."



I'm AlrightTitle: No Time For Tears
Artist: Jo Dee Messina
Album: I'm Alright

"I gave you everything I had
Oh, but it wasn't enough
It don't seem right to hurt so bad
When all you're giving is love"



Back To TennesseeTitle: Back to Tennessee
Artist: Billy Ray Cyrus
Album: Back to Tennessee

"I've seen the road now,
I know just what I need,
To find my way back to Tennessee.
I'm going home now"
Music Video>>


Golden RoadTitle: Raining On Sunday
Artist: Keith Urban
Album: Golden Road

"Oh surrender is much sweeter
When we both let it go
Let the water wash our bodies clean
And love wash our souls"
Music Video>>


Thompson SquareTitle: Are You Gonna Kiss Me Or Not
Artist: Thompson Square
Album: Thompson Square

"Are we gonna do this or what
I think you know I like you a lot
But you’re ‘bout to miss your shot
Are you gonna kiss me or not?"
Music Video>>


Horse of a Different ColorTitle: Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)
Artist: Big & Rich
Album: Horse of a Different Color

"And I wouldn't trade ol' Leroy
Or my Chevrolet for your Escalade
Or your freak parade
I'm the only John Wayne left in this town"
Music Video>>


Coming HomeTitle: Noise
Artist: Lonestar
Album: Coming Home

"I need some peace and quiet, just one minute to relax,
All the information junkies keep distorting all the facts,
If you dial this toll-free number, it's all within your reach,
We'll all be rich and skinny while we're dancin' on the beach."



Fight Like a GirlTitle: 19 and Crazy
Artist: Bomshel
Album: Fight Like a Girl

"Didn't give a damn what people say
We were doin' it, doin' it our way
I wish we could always stay
Nineteen and crazy"
Music Video>>


Back When I Knew It AllTitle: One in Every Crowd
Artist: Montgomery Gentry
Album: Back When I Knew It All

"Everybody here knows his name,
Makes everybody else look sane,
When he's out, as far as you can get,
In his mind he's a rock star, crankin' out that air guitar,
Til the bartender says 'Fool, get off my bar!'"
Music Video>>


This list doesn't even include all the best country music artists, let along all the best country music songs. These songs and albums are just a place to start. There are other ways to find good country music, like listening to your local country music radio, watching CMT, or asking a friend who is familiar with country music for suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment